Get Sun & Space: A Socially Distanced Vacation in Chelan
A socially-distanced vacation may still sound strange, but with the realities of this year, we are doing our best to make the most of it! We’re happy to report that summer in Chelan is not cancelled – our sunny, dry days are here, our vacation rentals and neighborhood amenities are open, and many Chelan businesses are back up and running.
Social distancing is easy here, with so many outdoor options, no crowded spaces, and awesome amenities in your private Chelan rental home. Here are some of our ideas for how to relax, enjoy the lake, and stay safe!
At The Lookout & in the area:
- Get fresh air on the many hiking and biking trails
- Swim in the lake or play at the beach in our expansive private waterfront
- Get takeout from a local restaurant and enjoy the views from your deck
- Go boating, paddleboarding, or kayaking on the lake, with rentals in our marina
- Play golf at one of the area’s 7 top-ranked courses
- Wind down with a dip in the hot tub and s’mores at the fire pit of your rental home
- Play basketball, pickleball, or bocce in our neighborhood courts (BYO gear!)
- Have a picnic and fly kites in one of our multiple parks
- Pick up wine and create your own tasting experience on your patio
- Walk the 5-minute trail to Vin du Lac Winery & Bistro for outdoor dining
- Get local food from a farm stand and BBQ at your vacation home
Our vacation rental homes have all the comfort and entertainment you need!
Read about our specific response to COVID-19 in our check-in process, home cleaning, and neighborhood distancing guidelines.
You may be wondering what phase of opening Chelan County is in or what’s open around Chelan. We’ll keep this updated as we can, but please reference more info on lakechelan.com and individual business websites and Facebook pages. The Chamber of Commerce also has a page with lists of which businesses offer delivery, curbside pickup, and more.
Right now, Chelan is in Phase 1.5 and the following are open: wineries, restaurants for takeout and outdoor dining, boat rentals, farmer’s market, hiking trails, Lady of the Lake Cruise, golf courses.
Check out our openings for Chelan vacation rental homes and head on over to recharge and relax, at a distance!