Winter Itinerary – Manson Field Trip
Breakfast at Blueberry Hill
This popular summertime breakfast stop, known for its long line and opportunities to pick fresh blueberries, is much mellower come winter. Enjoy a huge, country style breakfast surrounded by snowy blueberry hills and charming decor. Take home a fresh baked pie or some bottled blueberry juice for a local, taste of summer treat. Open Wednesday – Sunday from 8am – 3pm during the winter months.
Manson is also home to a craft brewery, cider taproom and several wineries.
- We recommend Cairdeas, pronounced ‘Cardis’, an ancient Gaelic word meaning friendship, goodwill or alliance – for Rhone inspired wines.
- Visit the Mediterranean-inspired estate winery Benson Vineyards overlooking Lake Chelan and the snow covered hills. Talk with second generation wine maker Jeff Benson and relax around the outdoor stone fire pit. Last spring they opened the Bistro at Benson, which has quickly become a local favorite.
- Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 2pm, Lake Chelan Winery has a free vineyard, crush pad and production facility tour followed by a wine tasting. Be sure to visit their 3,000 square foot gift shop, including the Lake Chelan Cheese Shop…you’ll be happy you did when 5:00 rolls around.
- Lake Chelan Brewing offers five delicious brews, each made in-house using Lake Chelan’s glacier fed water.
- Rootwood Cider is a family-run company that produces craft cider using apples from their more than 50 acres of local orchards. During the warmer months, they offer unique tours, such as their Orchard Walk, Outdoor Yoga and Apple Picking & Cider Tasting.